There’s a reason I have this url.
You might be familiar with my story. I’m the classic case of the new uni student who didn’t know how to feed herself properly and gained ridiculous amounts in first year.
Even though I knew the problem was all over health and fitness, my attention was always focused on my belly. I felt like I could no longer wear the same tight shirts and dresses I had worn before uni because my stomach bulged out. I started crash dieting in my second year, constantly giving up and then gaining weight back in a vicious cycle.
It took 2 years of this before I discovered the fitblr community and started to educate myself about living healthily.
Here are the main things that have helped me lose weight, gain back my fitness, and embrace my body for all the amazing things it can do.
- The mantra: eat clean, do cardio, strength train, have patience. Make this what you live by - it’s what you do long term that makes a difference.
- You might be able to see in my before photos I had terrible posture. Use yoga to fix your posture.
- Start training from the level you’re at, don’t expect more than you’re capable of doing, and don’t pressure yourself with deadlines you can’t meet.
- Stop comparing your body to others, whether it’s your friends or people on TV and in adverts.
- Decide what you want to be able to do (eg. run 5k) and reward yourself when you meet it (but not with food).
- Find wicked healthy food that you enjoy eating. Don’t force yourself to eat stuff you don’t like.
- Stop weighing yourself. Track your progress in other ways.
- Find friends who are interested in living a healthy lifestyle that can support and encourage you. Other fitblrs are great for this.
These are the things that I’ve learned that have helped me, but everyone is different and they might not apply to you. Try different things and don’t worry if it takes a while to find what’s right for you. Don’t give up and remember, lifestyle not diet, long term persistence and patience, not short-term short-lived results.
For two years I’ve decided to be healthier.
To be fitter.
To be better.
To broke my own limits.
I make sport since I am a child. My feeding has always been healthy.
But when I was a teenager I had had eating disorder. I recovery from eating disorder for four years.
But for two years I decided to be better, healthier and fitter.
Today I make Boxe five time per week, I run two time per week and I eat with a really consciousness of what I eat.
Boxing is became my favorite sport and passion, it gives me so much more confidence, strength, determination.
And I’ve became just so much happier.
And with this tumblr I’m here to share my motivation, healthy lifestyle, my love of sport and my happiness with you.
I’m a fighter and we’re all fighter for happiness !